Glimpses of Helsby Life

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Up, up, and away

When Musa was asked this morning if he was excited about going back, he said, "YES!  Goodbye, America!"  Which suprised me, as he spent some money yesterday buying an American flag.  He has had such a good time here, but he is ready to go home.

After commenting about how we haven't been on a plane in ages, Lauren said to Grandpa, "I'm so happy to be going on a plane, Grandpa, but I don't want to leave you."  So we are caught between being ready to head back, and being sad over all the continual goodbyes.

We head out tonight, and Dave just went and bought another suitcase (not a good sign :).  We have had a busy, fun couple of weeks with family--what a gift!

A HUGE thank-you to Paul for driving our van back to Montana.  How many people do you know who will drive from South Carolina to Montana just for "fun"?

Thank you, each one of you, for your encouragement and love.

Thank you, David Helsby, for 16 years (yesterday) of adventure!  I love you.

Pray that we will go out as salt and light back to Africa!

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys! Have a great trip. You are all in my prayers and I am proud and blessed that you are serving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and continue to love your neighbor as yourself, wherever that neighbor happens to be. So glad to be your Aunt Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is hard for those there that will greatly miss you, but I'm happy you'll be back home soon!! We've missed you all very much and can't wait to get hugs from all and catch up. You better start now showing Kate a picture of her Aunt Tammy so she can greet me properly. I have no doubt the rest of the kiddos will have hugs to go around, but now sure about Miss Kate. =p Safari njema!

    ReplyDelete